Sunday, January 1, 2012

And so it Begins..........

It started with a idea, of projects that other photographers have done, where they had taken a image a day for a whole year, and so the germ of idea took root in my mind, to make my own attempt at a project like this. So the question was, where to start? What do I shoot to kick this project off? Having announced this idea on my Redbubble site, a fellow photographer friend text and suggested the New Year's Eve fireworks as Image 1. It made complete sense. Why not start a year's worth of images at the very start of the year? So we geared up, and met up at the Geelong waterfront, and this is the first image of Project 366.



 For the techincally minded:

This image was shot at Griffins Gully, along Geelong's Western Beach. I used my trusty Canon 50D, on tripod with shutter release cable, @95mm on a Tamron 18-200mm lens, with @f/5.4 on a 20 second exposure.

A little about me. I'm a Geelong based amature photographer, who now and then suffers from the odd occasional free thought. My photography interest vary, from aircraft, to capturing the Country Fire Authority in action, of which I am a proud Volunteer Fire Fighter and member. I've been getting more and more into photography since 2007 when I brought my first digital SLR, a Canon 400D. Since then I've moved up to a Canon 50D and I am slowly working on acquiring more lenses. I have a profile on Redbubble ( http://www.redbubble.com/people/allengray) where I tend to upload a lot of my work. That's a breif nutshell about me!

If you got this far, thanks for reading! And please keep checking back as I update this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment